YWAM's Discipleship Training School
Discipleship Training Schools (DTS) aim to prepare messengers of the gospel, helping students to know God in depth. The goal is to form Christian character and establish Biblical relationships while developing a daily walk with God. This intensive Christian training course begins with an 11 or 12 week classroom phase followed by a typically 12 week outreach.
The DTS is designed to encourage students to develop in personal character, to cultivate a living relationship with God, and to identify their unique individual gifts and callings in God. Cross-cultural exposure and global awareness are special emphases throughout these courses, preparing the students to reach current and future generations and answer the call to "Go into all the world and make disciples of all nations" Matthew 28:19.
A course similar to the DTS is the Crossroads Discipleship Training School (CDTS). The CDTS specifically focuses on the needs and concerns of our older students (30+), such as second-career people and families with children.
Purpose and Outcomes of DTS
- To GATHER and CHALLENGE people to worship, listen to and obey God, releasing them (in the context of the DTS) to serve through evangelism, intercession, acts of compassion and other expressions of God's heart for the world, possibly even pioneering new ministries.
- To INSPIRE and CULTIVATE growth in one's relationship with God resulting in Christ like character, which is based on a solid Biblical foundation, the work of the Holy Spirit and the personal application of Biblical truth, especially concerning God's Character, the Cross and empowering Grace.
- To SHARPEN one's ability to relate to, learn from and work with people, including those of different cultures, personalities and perspectives.
- To further EQUIP each one to serve God's purposes either in or outside of YWAM Family of Ministries, strengthening a commitment to reach the lost, especially the unreached, to care for the poor, and to influence all areas of society.
To IMPART the vision and foundational values of Youth With A Mission International as well as that of the host operating location and to provide information regarding a variety of opportunities for service.An Example DTS Curriculum
I. God's Nature and Character
- Encountering God
II. God's Intention for Individuals, Peoples and Creation
- Seeing all of Life from God's Perspective
III. God's Redemption: Sin and The Cross
- Recognizing Jesus as Lord
IV. God's Family: His Children & His Church
- Becoming More Like Jesus
V. God's World: His Call and His Commission
- Doing the Works of Jesus
VI. YWAM: A Response to God
- Knowing God; Making Him Known
YWAM's Pastors Discipleship Training School
Pastors Discipleship Training School (PDTS) is the same as DTS except that it is meant for pastors and/or missionaries.
ADTS일정 : 매년 9월 초 개강 - 12주Lecture (강의), 10주 Outreach (전도여행)
PDTS일정 : 매년 3월 초 개강 - 12주Lecture (강의), 10주 Outreach (전도여행)